Friday, January 21, 2011

This is on my mind...

Thank you Rhonda Jean from Down-to-Earth for this Friday challenge.  I've been a bit slack and today I'm cheating a bit.  It is not a photo so much and not a new thing so much, but something that is definitely on my mind today.


Sometimes a simple thing like a song can make you remember and today was definitely a day where I could not stop thinking about Bianca's journey.  We are so blessed that today Bianca is no different to any other 7 year old.  At the time it felt like time stood still, but today we are looking back and we realise just how blessed we were even when things felt impossibly difficult and alone.

7 comments:

Ferris Jay said...

What a journey - I'm very glad that Bianca has a lovely normal life for a 7 year old now.
Its so good to come out the other side of such a tremendous challenge.
Beautiful post.

Buttons Thoughts said...

This made me cry also.Bianca you are the greatest. B

RosemaryO said...

I remember following your journey through your blogs from the beginning. Bianca suffered so much at times and your family struggled. Now she is a beautiful, healthy 7 year old survivor! I love reading about how very "normal" Bianca is today. You and your family ARE truly blessed!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Oh Lea, what a beautiful, beautiful little girl Bianca is! And what a trooper. Truly amazing!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Awww Lea! Bianca you are beautiful, and I think that you are ALL so amazing.

rhonda jean said...

What a great story of a great little girl and a great family who loves her. Hi Bianca!!

colsev said...

I cannot for one moment even begin to imagine what you went through as her parents, I just cannot. Wishing you all long, happy lives xxx