Monday, May 9, 2011

Feeling very blessed

Yesterday was mother's day.  I had an amazing day spent with my family and later on good friends who spent the afternoon with us. 

The girls were super excited and couldn't wait.  They both made me a very special card.  Bianca wrote the words in Caitlyn's card, but Caitlyn drew the cutest picture which she tells me is a picture of me.  The day before, Terence took the girls to the shops and they both bought me special gifts with their own pocket money.  Caitlyn bought me a yummy block of chocolate and Bianca is super proud of the bunch of white roses she selected all by herself for me.  Then yesterday morning I woke up to breakfast served in bed - Bianca made me scrambled eggs (she's getting really good at it too), Caitlyn made the toast and daddy cooked the bacon. 

I love the thought my beautiful girls put into the day.  I love seeing the excitement on their faces as they couldn't wait to give me the gifts they bought all by themselves.  I feel so incredibly blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like simply the best Mother's day. I am impressed at how self-sufficient your girls are. You must be very proud of them.
Love to you all,
Bridget

Unknown said...

You are blessed. Glad you had such a lovely day, you deserve some pampering. Maa

RosemaryO said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. The girls are becoming so grown up, cooking and shopping for their Mom. Glad you had a great day.
Rosemary

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Happy belated Mothers day Lea, glad it was everything you hoped it would be!