Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fever

:-( Bianca is feeling pretty sick and unwell tonight. She woke up this morning with a headache and the whole day pretty much the headache would come and go. This morning she felt particulary unwell and then when she perked up we left to meet Terence in the city. About halfway Bianca got car sick and I had to stop the car and she barely had time to open the door. She was okay for most of the day, but about 1:30pm started complaining about her headache again so I stopped at the pharmacy to get some paracetamol for her. She seemed to feel a bit better after this. By 6pm I had to give some more paracetamol and then it was time to go home. When we got home we could feel that she was pretty warm and her temperature was around 38 degrees (celcius) (about 100 degrees Fahrenheit) and we kept checking her temperature and finally when it reached 39 degrees (celcius) (about 102 degrees Fahrenheit) we decided it was time to take her to the medical center to get checked out.

It is a bit scary because a fever can mean so many things in our world. And even though we know that in all likelihood it is probably just that she picked up flu somewhere, I do have this nagging little voice in the back of my mind wondering if this might have something to do with her leukemia. Which I don't believe is likely given that her preliminary blood test results yesterday didn't show anything that might be a concern. But still, sometimes you can't help feeling a bit worried.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Best wishes and I hope Bianca is feeling a lot better by the time you read this.
Those fevers can go as quickly as they come can't they.

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

You'll always worry, it's still very fresh on your minds. I expect you often say thank goodness, a normal childhood illness. Feel well soon Bianca.

RosemaryO said...

Sorry to hear Bianca is running a fever and not feeling well. I hope that she will soon be feeling better and you can relax a little about it. As we know kids get sick all the time and run fevers. Let's just hope that this is just a bug and it will run its course.I understand about that little voice in the back of your mind though.
Rosemary

Fi said...

Oooh no! Hope Bianca is feeling much better today?

The Blessed Barrenness said...

I really hope Bianca is feeling better and that it wasn't anything serious!

Dmarie said...

What a relief that the prelims came back ok. I can only imagine what you are going through, but I think putting ourselves in others' shoes opens our hearts, which makes me especially grateful for your efforts to post your trials as well as your triumphs.

The Clam said...

Thinking of you and her, but am sure it's nothing more serious than flu.

xxx