I am busy with the last few bits and pieces for Sunday. I need to get photos printed and a few more admin issues. It is getting so close now. I'm not nervous to actually lose my hair, but absolutely nervous I'm going to forget about something. I've been making lists, and rewriting my lists and making more new lists.
I rather like the poster I created:
Why would it be a good idea to shave your hair?
- You'll support the Child Cancer Foundation and support brave kids who are fighting cancer. If we join them in losing our locks they won't feel as awkward or sad at having to lose theirs! Because we all take comfort when we are not alone and know that there are others truly supporting us!
- It is truly a get up and go hairstyle - no more spending hours styling it in the mornings.
- You'll save heaps of money on shampoo and conditioner.
- It is an instant way of getting rid of unwanted grey hair.
- It is a nice cool hairstyle for the warm summer days that lie ahead.
- And at the end of the day - it is only hair. It does grow back.
So there - the perfect reasons why you should join me on Sunday. Well me and Catherine who is a fellow child cancer mum. And if we can do it, so can you.
But fine, for those really not brave enough, we'll have plenty of hair spray to spray your hair - blue, red, yellow, green, pink - take your pick and don't be shy!
Thank you to Kapiti Kids Connect, LatteJunkie and Char for sponsoring me and helping me reach my $500 goal. If you are able, please sponsor me. Every little bit will make a difference and people can continue sponsoring me. It is a secure site or if you are in the Kapiti area you can give me cash donations and of course we'll have plenty of opportunity for you to contribute on Sunday!
See you there!