For a while now I've been wanting to do another Youtube video. The last one we did for Bianca was 1 year after her leukemia diagnosis, but she was still on treatment at the time and I wanted an updated one on where she is now. I guess it is also really appropriate because even though Thanksgiving is mostly a celebration you find in the US, it seems a time to be thankful for all the blessings we have. We are certainly so incredibly blessed that Bianca is doing so well! I've been searching for the right music to go with my video clip for a while now and just recently Paul gave me the perfect music to use. I absolutely love the music that Paul did (and even Bianca said it is one of her favourite songs!) And so today I share with you Bianca's new Youtube video! (Click here).
Blackhuff nominated me for an award! Thank you! How it works is to share 7 things about yourself and then nominate 15 bloggers.
- I don't have any middle names.
- I hate clothes and shoe shopping.
- I am not a coffee drinker (sorry LatteJunkie).
- When I was at school I played netball. I wasn't very good, but I enjoyed it.
- I am fluent in 2 languages and can say a few words in another.
- When I was about 10 (I think) I wrote to the then State President of South Africa asking him how I could become a State President when I was all grown up. I even got a reply back from his office. Obviously I never became a State President...
- I like to try and come up with unique presents for people when I feel I know them well enough. Presents that I feel would be meaningful to the other person. And then I get all excited and can't wait to give it to the person. And yes, sometimes (okay a lot of the time) I come up with the ideas at the last minute leaving me very little time to get it ready. But hey, if it wasn't for the last minute nothing would ever get done!
- 123 Blog
- Living the Good Life
- Latte Junkie
- Juggling Act of Life
- A pinch of this and a pinch of that
- I believe in miracles (Sharon van Wyk)
- Maas Life Journal
- Everything in between
- Buttons Thoughts
- Linni at home
Today has been an amazingly beautiful day! All sunny and blue skies. And so this morning we had to go to Coastlands Mall in Paraparaumu and decided to go to one of the little cafes in Raumati Beach not too far from Coastlands. I've seen it in passing and it looked really nice.
|The red lines above Caitlyn's eyes and yellow cheeks are her attempts to put on kiddie make-up...|
|See, beautiful blue skies!|
On the way back home stopped off to cast our vote. Yes, it is election time! It took all of maybe 20 minutes and we were done. So different to what we remember from our South African days where you'd stand in a long queue for hours on end. As we were there waiting for our turn I noticed around the hall there were some of the main political party representatives. Not quite sure what the purpose was to be honest, but there they sat - the National Party representatives in their blue shirts and the Labour party representatives in their red. Suddenly I heard a noise and when I looked it was the one National party representative falling off his chair. I felt sorry that he could have gotten hurt but I couldn't help thinking "oh dear, there the National party comes toppling down...". Of course I have no idea what the outcome of the elections will be.
|Hmmm, decisions, decisions...|