Saturday, December 3, 2011

Not feeling so great today

Oh joy!  I have picked up a cold and have not felt the greatest today! 

I'm surprised my arms are not killing me today - at yesterday's swim lesson the coach really worked us hard and she ended up making us swim around 50 lengths of the pool.  10 of those lengths she timed us, and while it was hard work, I felt pleased that I managed to maintain my time.  I had to laugh at one point when she told me that it looks like I'm pretty fit and I am most definitely not very fit at all.  I think the only thing that drives me is my fear of failure and that I don't want to be the slowest in the class. And of course the faster I try and swim, the quicker I get to the other side and the longer I can rest (or something like that...).  She did confuse me at one point when she wanted us to count all our strokes.  Now up to now I'm used to the whole 1, 2, 3, breath kind of routine and so when she made us count all our strokes I started off well, but then suddenly I would realise that I forget to move my arms, or to kick, or to breath and then forget to keep counting.  Sometimes I'm not very good at multi-tasking. 

This morning Caitlyn and Terence went to Caitlyn's daycare Christmas party somewhere in Raumati and she had a great time playing at the park and going on the little train and playing with her friends.  Until the man in the red suit arrived.  And then she freaked out and cried and cried until Terence assured her it is fine and that he would get her present on her behalf and that she would not have to go to Santa.  She's never been terrified of Santa before...

Then this afternoon Bianca had her second to last cheerleading practice for the year.  Can't believe it's been a whole year already!  And she's made such progress!  She definitely wants to continue with this again next year.  Tomorrow is their prize giving / end of year display and Bianca is very excited for this, but very disappointed she'll be missing out on the CCF Christmas party.  Caitlyn and Terence will go and Caitlyn is very excited as they'll be taking the train / bus to get there.  The way I'm feeling tonight am pleased it won't be me being stuck on a train / bus to be honest!

And that is pretty much our Saturday in a nut shell.  What did you get up to today?

2 comments:

Paul said...

That Santa character can be a bit scary at times. Great that Bianca enjoys her cheerleading so much. She did well in Auckland. Keep up that swimming as it's fantastic fitness. Hope the cold gets better soon.

Hayley said...

Hope you are feeling better...