A brand new year. A brand new start. With dreams of what this year might bring, hopes that it will be a good one. Determination to achieve certain things. Do you make new years resolutions? I don't really do. A few things that will be happening that we are looking forward to though.
- I'm looking forward to the Roxette concert in Auckland in February. Growing up they were my favourite group.
- Caitlyn turns 5 on the 22nd of February which means big school. It's come along way too soon I think. She's ready. I'm not.
- Now in January my swim lessons will continue. At least for a few more weeks. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything Val taught us in December. I will also continue with my cycling and running. The running is my big problem at the moment. It is hard work and right now I have no idea how I will ever manage to go faster or further.
- My mum will arrive some time now in 2012. According to her visa conditions she has to be here no later than 16 December 2012, but I think she'll be here long before then.
- Once my mum comes I will probably start the process to look at my work options again. It's been a while and I'll have to put some work into updating my CV.
- And we'll likely be looking for a new rental home again. This one is really nice, but it only has 3 bedrooms and with my mum coming we would like to try and get a 4 bedroom if possible so the girls can still have their own rooms. We won't be looking too far away from here, because we really enjoy living on the Kapiti Coast and we're happy with the way things are going at school for Bianca.
- A number of other things that I'm sure will be happening but since it is past midnight can't really think of them now.
Here are some photos:
The Kapiti Coast put on a lovely day...if you were a duck! Yes, it was rather wet.
But that didn't stop the girls jumping on the trampoline. Last weekend Suret and Wikus brought a trampoline (one they weren't using anymore) for the girls as a Christmas surprise and what a big surprise. We don't really have much space for it, but since we are going to be looking at moving it should be fine. Last weekend they forgot to bring the legs and today they quickly stopped by to bring the legs.
Playing Dominion and Puerto Rico.
Yum, a chocolate fountain for dessert.
And waiting for 2012 to arrive...
Happy New Year!