Friday, March 16, 2012

Sunday will be a big one...

This coming Sunday is my second triathlon.  Yes, yes I'm nuts and a sucker for punishment.  But (I have to admit) I think I'm getting hooked.  I blame Paul and Rose...

I've done a bit of biking this week.  Some hills and a longer ride which I was told wouldn't have much in the line of hills, but it was a bit more full on than I thought it would be.  I enjoy the bike rides, but they are a lot of hard work.  I bought (or rather should say Terence bought) a basic bike computer and that is pretty cool as I now instantly see the speed I'm going at, my average speed, maximum speed, the distance and so on. 

Tonight I had my weekly swim lesson with Val.  We didn't focus on going fast, but rather kept it slow and focused on technique.  Val says I've made lots of progress (which is so nice to hear), and there are just a few minor little things I need to get right.  It is nice to hear the positive feedback because sometimes it doesn't always feel like I'm making progress.

So I've had a rather productive end to my Friday!

How was your day?  What did you get up to?  What do you have planned for this weekend?

5 comments:

Paul said...

I'm happy to take some of the blame if it means you have gained a lot from getting into your swimming and biking. A pity that the running is still difficult with your back injury. All the best for Sunday! I'm sure you will be proud of whatever you achieve!

blackhuff said...

Good luck with Sunday. My race is tomorrow morning. Yes, we are suckers for punishments.

Jess said...

Good luck on Sunday. I've got work all weekend but planning on taking my running shoes with me and starting to walk/jog home.

Bron said...

I was thinking of you as I swam this morning and now that winter is over I will be cycling again - Perhaps a triathlon is in my future too...I will blame you ;)
I think you have fans all over the world that you inspire and motivate now.
Hope you have a fun time on Sunday!!
Sending best wishes from Toronto, Canada

Marcia (123 blog) said...

all the best for Sunday!

I love how much you've improved - your hard work is paying off so much :)