Monday, April 23, 2012

Applemoon Tea

Yesterday at one point during Caitlyn's Princess Day, Bianca, the lady in waiting had to invite the king to afternoon tea.  Sarah prepared an invitation and so the lady in waiting was sent out to formally invite the king to join us at the royal feast.  So off Bianca went and then started reading "Princess Caitlyn would like to cordially invite King T to applemoon tea".  Not sure what Bianca was seeing on the invitation, but that's what she read "applemoon tea".  So from this moment afternoon tea shall officially be known as applemoon tea :-).  We had a good laugh at that.  Later on Sarah was telling us how the queen of hearts in Alice in Wonderland reminded her of one of her teachers and Bianca said "your teacher was a cartoon?" 

This morning school started again.  Not sure how the teachers felt being back after the holidays, but us parents sure were happy.  In fact I've been looking forward to it since the first day of the holidays ;-). 

Since Caitlyn banned me last term from dropping her off or picking her up at her class, I dropped the girls at the gate and then this afternoon met them at the playground.  It seems both had a great day although you typically get "I can't remember" or "nothing" when you ask what they got up to. 

This morning I also decided to take advantage of the fact that I was child-free and so I went for a bike ride.  The route I took has some tough hilly bits (well tough for me anyway). I knew it would be tough.  It always is.  But I've been told by both Paul and Lynley (my Saturday morning coach) that I need to include uphills.  Why does nobody ever say "make sure you include some downhills in your training?"  Normally I am told "no pain no gain" and right now I'm waiting for the "gain"...  But I'll keep at it. 

At one point after struggling with a few uphills that were fairly tough on my legs, I saw a lovely downhill ahead.  About halfway down I suddenly realised that it would be a pretty tough uphill going back home - oh well.  Too late.

The ride today must have been about 15km in total, but I can't be sure since I lost my bike computer last time.  Am waiting for another one that I ordered that should be here in a day or two.  Hopefully.

After I got back home and had some lunch I baked some biscuits and did a few things around the house with Elliott Smith as company in the background.  So it was a fairly relaxed day today.

I am hoping that our swim lessons will start up again on Friday and I'll have to fit in a few extra sessions during each week as I have a swim race coming up the end of this term and I am determined to make my highly competitive competitor work hard for his victory.  Anybody knowing Paul will know just how competitive, driven and determined he is with anything he does and I think I'm going to have my work cut out as he is significantly fitter than I could ever dream to be.

How was your Monday?  Hope you had a great start to the week. 

7 comments:

LatteJunkie said...

I have to make it Applemoon Tea in my house too - it's way better than Afternoon Tea (which in my house is called Morninnnn tea)

Paul said...

Hills are the best training you can do! As for swimming 'Bring it on'! Keep up the great training, Lea!

Ellie said...

Applenoon tea sounds wonderful - in fact I think that is what it should now be called. :))
Your bike ride sounds as if it was quite punishing - good for you and it sounds as if you enjoyed it too. Always a bonus !!!

Lea in Mississippi, USA said...

Hello Lea,
Applemoon Tea - I love it!
Thanks for your comment on my blog.
Have a wonderful day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

john bain said...

I'm pleased to live on a flat piece of the Earth, and think the old bike is too.
Applemoon. What a wonderful word. Looking at the moon through the branches of an apple tree. I have an apple tree here and can't wait for the next full moon. Camera at the ready.

amanda said...

Somehow Applemoon tea sounds very magical and exclusively for royalty. xx

Marcia (123 blog) said...

applemoon tea it is - tell her I'll have a cup every afternoon (don't tell her I do this anyway) and think of her :)