Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Running, computers and muppets

With today a public holiday I kept thinking it was the weekend.  Boy am I going to be in for a surprise tomorrow morning...

This morning I was very good and I went out for a run.  I did a 5km run (without any walking at all) and then an extra 5km walk to get back home.  I changed my strategy a bit.  Normally I would run 2.5km in one direction and then 2.5km back home, but then at one point I would start thinking "boy it is still so far until I get back home" and then I usually end up walking parts of it.  So today I went for 5km before I stopped and walked.  So I'm pleased with it.  Also really pleased that my legs seemed okay.  So hopefully it means I can start making some progress.

At 1pm I had to meet somebody at the mall as we had a meeting to discuss some things.  It was a very good meeting, although did confirm that I am indeed completely crazy - but that's okay.  More on this later on...

Then we went off to Paul's house to help him with their home computer (or rather Terence helped with the home computer - I'm not as tech-savvy as I'd like to be and Terence is really the expert).

So all in all it was mostly a relaxing kind of day.

This morning Caitlyn had a bath and she was singing her little heart out.  Here is her version of "Am I a man or am I a muppet?" from The Muppets movie.  I added another video clip of her playing with a muppet-looking puppet my mum made because I couldn't film her in the bathroom while she was having a bath.  The singing is her in the bath though.


Just if you were wondering - this is the movie version:


Hope your Wednesday was a great day!

9 comments:

blackhuff said...

WOW! So cool that you ran 5k today. That is awesome - you are getting more and more fit. Well done.

Unknown said...

Totally agree with Marleen, above. Just excellent.

:-) Marion

Paul said...

Thank you for lending us Terence to help with our computer. I'm sure it's running faster! Keep up the great work in the exercise! Enjoyed the video of Caitlyn singing the muppet song!

Jess said...

Haha love Caitlyn singing that song. That is my go-to shower song too :-)

Kevin Read said...

Good for you on the 5k run and the the 5k walk back. I too have been working on my running/jogging. Every day I have been going 6.5k, 3 of those days I do a walk/jog but the jogging part in now getting longer (we are also a 6,400ft here so it makes it a little harder). I enjoy doing this in the morning to kick start my day. Keep up the great work. Glad to here that your legs seem to be doing well.

Don't forget to vote for us, aussieexperiences.com/contest/entry/red-centre-kevin-read/

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

cat said...

Oh I loved the song inthe movie! She is so cute. And good for you on that run

Ellie said...

Oh well done on the 5k - very impressed.
Cute singing of the song. :))

Lien - all new adventures said...

Haha, I laughed when Caitlyn did the deep voice during her rendition. She's cute!

Susan said...

That's a fantastic run Lea!
Cute Caitlyn singing :D)