Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spiders and swimming pools

I don't know what it was with the spiders, but they seemed out to get me this morning.  It would be fair to say I absolutely hate spiders. 

I was in the shower this morning and then when I grabbed my face cloth there it was - all quiet and black and what seemed (in my world anyway) huge about a cm from my hand [insert panic freak out here].  Then as we got into the car to go out Bianca suddenly said "mum don't put your head on your headrest - there is a spider there" [insert more panic freak out here].  Then we just start driving and would you know it - on the window right next to my head there is yet another spider.  Thankfully this one was on the outside of the window, but it stayed there for a long time before finally falling off. 

We first dropped off some of our old baby gates to new friends who just moved into their new rental home.  They have a very busy 2 year old and stairs. 

Then we took the girls to the Kilbirnie pool in the city.  I suggested that we should maybe just do the Porirua Aquatic Centre, but Terence insisted on the Kilbirnie pool.  The kids had an amazing time and I even got some lengths in.

And that was pretty much it today.  Hope your Sunday was nice and relaxing!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want some of our huge Huntsman spiders? They're as big as your hand! EEK!
Sue

Lea said...

That's very kind of you to offer Sue, but no, I'm all good thanks. You can keep your huge Huntsman spiders... :-)

Maria said...

I don't like spiders either Lea. I don't like huntsman ones or the golden orb varieties whose webs I sometimes walk into when I'm gardening. I then imagine them in my hair and clothes etc eeeekkk!!!!

john bain said...

I like spiders. I am the spider rescuer around here. Mind you I am aware that none of the spiders I come across can do me any harm with poisonous bites.

Julia said...

Oh goodness. I don't mind spiders - as long as I don't see them!

Hayley said...

I am the spider person in my house..the husband is just like you, so its up too me too sort them out :-)

Kevin Read said...

We had one big spider in the motorhome about 3 years back. We tried to be nice and just swipe him out the door but it didn't work out quite as planned and it ended up on the floor and I ended up on the bed yelling at Kevin to get rid of it one way or another. Unfortunately it was the another for the spider. It wouldn't have been so bad if we had known if it was poisinous or not. Found out later it wasn't.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Ellie said...

Ewww I don't like spiders either. It's the way they creep about. So I don't blame you from freaking out!!!

Paul said...

Glad you had fun at the pool. You certainly had a bad run on the spiders.

blackhuff said...

Argh! I hate spiders too ... know how you feel about them.