Thursday, February 2, 2012

And so it begins...

Can you hear it?  Neither can I!  The house is so quiet!  Caitlyn is at daycare and Bianca has her very first day in Year 5. 

This morning before we left for school I played this song to Bianca:



I think it is such a positive song.  A great motto to live by.  And that is really all we expect of Bianca - to do her best.  And we know she will!

At about 8:30 we set off for school (Bianca's school starts at 9:00) and had to stop off at the office first to get a few things and sort out Bianca's school donation which (for those of you interested) is $60 for the year for Bianca.  This year we are getting a sibling discount because of Caitlyn starting soon.  I think it will be $70 for the year for Caitlyn.  The school donation for both of them is significantly cheaper than daycare.  It is going to be quite different from the 22nd of February.

And then we went to Bianca's new class. 

This year her teacher will be Mr Peter Corlett and just like last year I think Bianca is in for an amazing year. 



I've heard great things about him. We had a brief meeting at the end of last year and I was very impressed with his willingness to hear me out and to work with me to ensure that Bianca will have a great year!  To read more about him click here.

I managed to take a few photos of Bianca today even though she was not too keen.  I have a feeling this year is the last year she'll let me take first day of school photos.  Sigh!  Don't think I like this growing up thing too much...

I'm ready!

Bianca at her table.  "Okay mum, enough now..."  The apple was for her teacher.
A special class resident.  Bianca is rather sad she'll never be able to bring him home as we have cats who like to eat birds...
 

The computer corner

Front of the class

10 comments:

Ellie said...

First day at school is always exciting. She looks happy to be there - love your pictures.

Lisa said...

Very exciting!!! Her school looks amazing.

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

What a gorgeous learning environment! :D

cat said...

Beautiful class and her teacher sounds great. Tell you what, make her a little page or book with her first day pictures up to now - maybe it will get her head to thinking how precious they are if she lives through the memories.

Maria said...

As a teacher I enjoyed looking at the photos of Bianca's new classroom...it's great! so many wonderful looking resources and looks like heaps of display space. I worked in older schools/buildings which never really worked well with the newer curriculum ideas!

blackhuff said...

I love how you shared the pictured of Bianca's classroom. So few parents actually photograph their children's classroom.

Paul said...

I'm sure Bianca will have a fantastic year with Peter. He is a great positive teacher and role model!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

love all the pics but mostly I love how you go check out their teachers. Teehee :)

Unknown said...

Very sweet school pics.

I also wanted to tell you I tagged you in a post Randomness 11 - participate if you have time and want to -dont feel pressure. :)

Unknown said...

I love the school pictures. It looks like such a well-equipped room, with the computers and lots of easy-reader books.

:-) Marion