Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Technical difficulties and needles

Today is just one of those days where nothing I do is working the way I want it to.  Well not nothing, but I've been using a particular online application that stopped working.  For most of it I would say my technical knowledge is pretty good for somebody who isn't very technical, but today I have hit a brick wall.  And Impatient Me just doesn't like struggling...

But anyway...

So this morning I had my weekly date with the Torture Master physio.  And it was a good thing because my legs didn't cope very well at all on Monday when I went for my run / walk.  So I got there and he asked me how I was doing and I briefly mentioned that I went for my run / walk and my legs got really sore and he asked me to lie on my side and then asked "so how do you feel about needles?" and before I could even finish saying "I really don't like them" he stuck 4 needles in my leg!  He tells me they were really thin needles, but I can't be sure.  They didn't feel very thin I can tell you that! (I guess he was doing the same as I do when I get people to start blogging - get them started before they even have a chance to say "I'm not so sure...") :-)

Now there is one thing I really really don't like (okay more than one thing, but one thing in particular) and that is needles.  Don't know what it is, but I have a big mental issue about them.  I'm a big baby when it comes to needles.  Every time I have to get blood drawn I have to physically stop my arm from moving away or pulling out the needle and it feels like it takes forever.

And when I started the physio sessions I was asked how I would feel about needles and acupuncture and I said a very definite "no".  And so far I have successfully avoided going that route.  Today I was not so lucky.  Today the physio decided that nothing else is helping and acupuncture is going to have to be our next option. 

And after sticking the needles into my leg, the physio then decided to leave the room (obviously knowing that if he stayed I would have very loudly made my objections known) and so there I was lying feeling incredibly uncomfortable with these 4 needles stuck in my leg (and I could have kicked myself for telling him my legs got sore in the first place, except I couldn't move my leg - the slightest movement was rather sensitive) and it was actually rather painful.  Not so much the needles (if I have to be honest), but my leg muscle was rather sore and complaining.  It was a very long 10 minutes...

This better work!  Because I cannot see myself wanting to go this route week after week.

So that was my Wednesday in a nutshell. What did you get up to?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear your day isn't going according to plan. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
I would have to agree with you on the needle part.I am not a big fan either. But maybe you will be pleasantly surprised b the results :-)

My day started out with me buying a groupon voucher that will have me studying for the next year. Not what I was expecting to do this year...lol
Then off to coffee group and now hopefully a relaxing afternoon with the kids.

Sharon said...

I don't like needles either!

Paul said...

The whole day sounds quite a pain. I can identify with the technical difficulties and have also gone down the acupuncture track. I found it really helpful so I hope it works for you!

Unknown said...

Ouch! I don't mind needles ( I've had plenty in my lifetime) But not four in my leg thank you.
Hope tomorrow is better for you. Susan

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Love the pictures of the kids in the previous post - getting stationery ready for school was one of my favourite things to do :)

I hate needles. It's still a miracle how I went through 2 IVFs but I used to pray every single morning for God to get me through just the next 5 minutes and then block the whole thing out til the next morning. Yes!

So I would stop that business with your legs pronto :)

cat said...

I really do not like needles but acupuncture really works. Hope it did.