Thursday, February 23, 2012

A bit of a nervous time ahead

In just a bit more than a week I will be a public speaker.

This is a role I actually never thought I'd be in. Right now I have a million ideas running through my mind as I try and work out the different parts of my talks. 

I feel honoured that the Child Cancer Foundation has asked me to be a speaker at 3 of their fundraising events - the 2nd, 16th and 21st.  This is huge for me because it will be the first time ever that I will get up to speak in front of a large group of people at a formal gathering. I will be speaking for about 30 minutes.  Terence says that should not be a problem for me because I never stop talking :-).

The one on the 16th I'll need to see if I can find somebody to look after Bianca and Caitlyn for me as it finishes at 3pm and I'll need to come back from the city after that. 

I have to admit I am incredibly nervous.  At the same time though I'm also very excited because I like being part of things that help make a real difference.

March is definitely going to be an interesting month for me.  Certainly quite different to the usual boring mundaneness of my life most of the time.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

That's so awesome! And you'll be amazing!

Paul said...

A wonderful opportunity for you! A pity your life is usually so mundane!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Lea, you are SO passionate about this subject you will do BRILLIANTLY. And you speak from experience which is even more powerful than, say, "just a psychologist" :)

PS I'm also doing a talk on the 2nd! Have you prepared yours yet?

cat said...

Very very best of luck and I am sure you will do fine because it is something you have a real passion for the subject.

And you have been tagged.

BridgetPirie said...

Good on you, Leah. I know you will be absolutely awesome!!!